Transforming Perceptions

These past few years have brought a whirlwind of emotions between becoming employed, moving half-way across the country, and finally having the ability to focus on myself, my weight loss, and my faith. This blog is a reflection of all of these items and how they interact with each other.

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Just an Update

Wow, I can't believe it's been over a month since I have blogged, guess it shows that I've been busy. :o) It's that busy time of year at work, even though I'm not an accountant. We have grant applications due and presentations to give. I actually don't mind giving presentations, but I'm tired of writing grant applications, seems like I'm always working on one. With every job, there are aspects you just don't like I suppose.

Last weekend I was in Miami visiting my sister. It was a wonderful 85 degrees and then I come back to a high of 5 degrees. That was fun. :) I had a blast! We went on a day cruise to the Bahamas and took a trip to the Keys. Talk about beautiful (and relaxing!). My sis and I got to learn a lot of new things about one another. Another step in getting closer.

In a couple of weeks I will be going to Palm Springs for work, so that will be a ton of fun! :) And warm. A couple weeks after that, I'll be heading to San Diego for work too, so work is definitely keeping me busy, that's for sure!

I have still been pretty faithful at getting to the gym and losing weight (a total of 50 lbs now). I need to keep reminding myself why I am doing this because it is no longer for personal reasons or for friends/family, but so God can better utilize me. I sometimes feel like a six year old losing the training wheels, but instead I am learning how to eat appropriately at all times. I am acquiring the tools for success.

Well, that's about it! I hope the next update is sooner than this one was! May God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home