Transforming Perceptions

These past few years have brought a whirlwind of emotions between becoming employed, moving half-way across the country, and finally having the ability to focus on myself, my weight loss, and my faith. This blog is a reflection of all of these items and how they interact with each other.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year!!!

It was so weird to see 2006 pop up on the screen with my previous post. It's 2006!!! This is crazy! Especially when it comes to my job...soon our Healthy People 2010 objectives will change to Healthy People 2020 objectives. CRAZY!!!! I shouldn't be that shocked, but I am!

Things are going much better here, especially after I took some time to reflect on everything. I have a decent amount to accomplish this coming year.

1. Lose more weight. It's amazing how many people are so supportive of me in this endeavor from my doctor to coworkers to friends to family to just nearly everyone I am close to.

2. Save more money. My sister and I are going to Italy in the fall, and I hope to have a new car next year (yup, that's right, 2007). AND...if I decide to stay in Michigan for a bit longer, I would like to upgrade and get either a condo or a house.

3. Keep my apartment clean. Sounds simple, but with my schedule, not so easy at times.

4. Continue my support of our troops overseas. They deserve it.

5. Read more.

6. Study something...maybe for the MCAT or GRE? HA! That's stretching it.

I realized that instead of looking at this past year with negativity, I had to look at what I had done. Even though I wish I had done more, I am proud of what I did accomplish.

You will be seeing a change to my blog shortly. I will be combining both my blogs to this one. You may be asking what other blog did I have? Well, it was concerning my healthy lifestyle change, and quite frankly, that is one major part of my transformation here in Michigan. God wanted me here, so I am. Huh...that reminds me of a service not too long ago...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home