Transforming Perceptions

These past few years have brought a whirlwind of emotions between becoming employed, moving half-way across the country, and finally having the ability to focus on myself, my weight loss, and my faith. This blog is a reflection of all of these items and how they interact with each other.

Friday, December 30, 2005

It's always this time of year...

It's always this time of year that gets me depressed. I know you're probably thinking that that's odd because it's supposed to be a time of joy, especially when you get to go home and see the family and old friends. But for me, getting the blues is quite normal. I won't hit every detail tonight, but will share some thoughts.

As I reflect on the past year, I wonder where it went and what the hell did I accomplish? I wasn't a hero; I didn't find the love of my life. Rather, it felt like I was stagnant while all these wonderful things happened to great people around me. I am happy for their success, their newfound love, and growing families, but at the same time, I want to sit down and cry out to God because it hurts. I want success. I want to feel loved. I want a family of my own. Granted I need to be thankful and humble for what I do have. I have my health; I lost almost 40 pounds since April, but most importantly I have hope. But it still hurts. I don't know how else to explain it.

As always, tomorrow will be better. The new year will bring new beginnings and life will go on. Life always goes on. But tonight I will curl up with a blanket, hug a pillow, listen to my James Blunt songs, pray, cry, read a book perhaps, or maybe just wait for tomorrow to come. My mom used to say "tomorrow never comes." I rather think that tomorrow will arrive before we even know it and therefore we need to live each day as if it's our last.

------------------------------------------------------------

Tears and Rain
by James Blunt

How I wish I could surrender my soul;
Shed the clothes that become my skin;
See the liar that burns within my needing.
How I wish I'd chosen darkness from cold.
How I wish I had screamed out loud,
Instead I've found no meaning.

I guess it's time I run far, far away; find comfort in pain,
All pleasure's the same: it just keeps me from trouble.
Hides my true shape, like Dorian Gray.
I've heard what they say, but I'm not here for trouble.
It's more than just words: it's just tears and rain.

How I wish I could walk through the doors of my mind;
Hold memory close at hand,
Help me understand the years.
How I wish I could choose between Heaven and Hell.
How I wish I would save my soul.
I'm so cold from fear.


I guess it's time I run far, far away; find comfort in pain,
All pleasure's the same: it just keeps me from trouble.
Hides my true shape, like Dorian Gray.
I've heard what they say, but I'm not here for trouble.
Far, far away; find comfort in pain.
All pleasure's the same: it just keeps me from trouble.
It's more than just words: it's just tears and rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home