Transforming Perceptions

These past few years have brought a whirlwind of emotions between becoming employed, moving half-way across the country, and finally having the ability to focus on myself, my weight loss, and my faith. This blog is a reflection of all of these items and how they interact with each other.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Sportscasters drive me nuts

Yup. They do. Let's get one thing straight. Larry Brown, the old Detroit Pistons coach, was fired...Pat Riley, when he was with the New York Knicks, left. HUGE difference, and it's why us Knick fans do not appreciate Pat Riley. He gave up on his team, and he left his fans yearning for a championship. AND he failed Patrick Ewing, a man who deserves a championship. Larry Brown has been given a lot of crap from Detroit. I thought I could have become a Pistons fan, but after listening to the announcers during the game tonight, no way...uh-huh. Detroit doesn't stick with something long enough to see if it will work out. A championship team isn't thrown together overnight, and if it is, it's more luck than anything else. I mean look how long I have been a Patriots fan, when did they start winning championships....ahhh...yeah...that's right....a little while after they got rid of Parcells. Detroit flies through coaches...Pistons...Lions...Tigers...etc. Yes, the Knicks recently went through a bunch of coaches, but I told them all along they were not going to work. When I read articles on their new coaches/candidates (eg, Don Nelson), I told them, anybody but him. Lo and behold, it doesn't work out. My only concern about Larry Brown as the Knicks coach is how long is he going to stick around? He talked about Detroit being the last team he coached, now it's supposed to be the Knicks? Larry Brown, please stick around for awhile, I think you'll do the Knicks good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home