Transforming Perceptions

These past few years have brought a whirlwind of emotions between becoming employed, moving half-way across the country, and finally having the ability to focus on myself, my weight loss, and my faith. This blog is a reflection of all of these items and how they interact with each other.

Monday, October 17, 2005

My job is moving downtown

Way back when, I probably briefly mentioned that my job was moving downtown. Well...that is now just around the corner - we move next Friday. We're moving because the governor mandated that all state employees work in an urban setting...so we had to move, but yet many other employees don't have to (like our labs). I think the most frustrating thing has been parking; we have to pay for it. Luckily, I ended up getting a surface lot about 7 blocks away for only $34 a month, much cheaper than the $84.50 ramp! And, I pay pretax. Unfortunately, our many contractors get screwed. Not only are they not allowed to get a surface lot, they would have to pay 10% administrative fees for the ramp AND it's after taxes are taken out of their paycheck. So many of them are looking at city lots that are cheaper. I now get a cubicle instead of a real office...no more door. BUT we'll be surrounded by other people and things...not to mention more men! LOL...public health doesn't have many.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home