Transforming Perceptions

These past few years have brought a whirlwind of emotions between becoming employed, moving half-way across the country, and finally having the ability to focus on myself, my weight loss, and my faith. This blog is a reflection of all of these items and how they interact with each other.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

The Gym

In college, I went to the gym a lot, and would walk the circle at campus all the time at night. It was my way of getting my frustrations out since I didn't get along with all the people I lived with. I admit it, I had issues with "sharing" even in college! Don't get me wrong, the problems weren't all because of me, but I will take responsibility for some of them.

I have always been the kind of girl that had a lot of friends. Unfortunately over 60% of these friends were really not true friends. Let's consider the numbers. I was friends with probably about 50 or so people in college, but I only keep in touch with five of them. Most of my friends in college were more acquaintences than anything else because I feared letting them to get to know me. The same type of thing happened with my high school friends; I only keep in touch with four. I guess I learned something along the way because the story has been completely different for my graduate school friends. Granted their lives and mine are busy, but we still managed to at least write occasionally. It's kind of a funny thing...it WAS in graduate school when I found Christ again. Coincidence? I truly don't think so. Along my spiritual journey, I have become more myself than I have ever been before.

Anyway, back to the topic "The Gym." I absolutely love going to the gym, especially in the morning. I feel refreshed and so good afterwards. Why didn't I feel like this when I was a kid? Why did I feel, as a kid, that being physically active was a hassle? Granted I had asthma, but...there are ways around that. If I could go back, I would, but I can't. Therefore I need to forgive myself for my past, learn from my past, and work on obtaining a greater future that I know I can get because Christ has great things planned for me. With Him, I can do anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home