Transforming Perceptions

These past few years have brought a whirlwind of emotions between becoming employed, moving half-way across the country, and finally having the ability to focus on myself, my weight loss, and my faith. This blog is a reflection of all of these items and how they interact with each other.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Bad Things Happen in Threes - The Third Thing

On Friday, I was driving on a side road by the Capital City Airport that has a speed limit of 55mph following about five cars each having about two car lengths inbetween. That morning, there was no roadkill in the road, so the last thing I expected to see dead in the road was a skunk! For those who didn't know, skunks are nocturnal, therefore, why was this skunk wandering in the road in the middle of the day? AND, why on earth did somebody hit it?!?! (Yes, I know, sometimes you cannot stop in time, and the skunk was in an area where you can't see until you round the corner.)

Another small fact you need to take into consideration here is that my car is really low to the ground. In college, I used to always scrape the bottom of my car on the speedbumps. I have also gotten an empty gallon milk carton stuck under my car because I thought I could go over it. One of my worst fears is that one day I'll try to go over roadkill, and if it's large, my car will drag it, leaving a trail of bloody mess. No, that did not happen this time! Instead, I swerved and accidentally ran over the very ripe skunk with my right tires. :o) My car smelled for three days.

If that wasn't my third event, then it definitely is this flu/cold that I have gotten!!! Of course I come down sick right when the weather turns nice, it's finally 80 degrees!!!

1 Comments:

At 12:10 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Just wanted to say hi and thanks.
CJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home