Transforming Perceptions

These past few years have brought a whirlwind of emotions between becoming employed, moving half-way across the country, and finally having the ability to focus on myself, my weight loss, and my faith. This blog is a reflection of all of these items and how they interact with each other.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Been Busy

My life has been very busy these days. Granted, they could be busier, but let me fill you in on what's been happening.

Last week I was busy working on sending boxes to my 4th of July campaign group who are serving our nation overseas; I signed up about two weeks ago to do this campaign with Adoptaplatoon (AAP). It's just my way of saying "thank you" to at least a few of our servicemembers. If anybody from the military is reading this, THANK YOU!!! I appreciate you more than you know! Also through AAP, I received a new adopted brother this week, so I will start spoiling him real soon. AAP is an absolutely wonderful support program for our military, please do check them out!

At work, all this week, I have had a special assignment that seems to be taking longer than it should be. That, in part, though, is probably my fault since I have the tendency to try and be perfect, as you all know by now. I am very detailed orientated.

Tonight we had a small wedding shower for a friend who will be getting married in a couple of weeks. This is the first time I have felt absolute joy for somebody other than myself. I used to always be a "me" person and have what others had. I am sure glad to be out of THAT phase!

In about a week I have jury duty service, the week right before my friends wedding! :) My friend told me that if I'm sequestered, she's going to bust me out of there!!! Hee hee hee. So if you if see headlines stating "Michigan girl busted out of jury duty service to attend wedding," you know who it's about! :o) LOL...it reminds me of the time my best friend and I still went to Florida the day before Hurricane Frances was going to hit. It was going to be our very first REAL vacation. We joked around that there were going to be headlines in the newspaper, "A crazy Michigan girl hugs a palm tree so she doesn't blow away from Hurricane Frances. It is amazing that she can still hold on through all of this rain and wind. Rumors have it that she was determined to get some sun today because she was on vacation." Let's just leave it at that my best friend and I did not have our first real vacation yet. :D We ended up renting a car and driving to Boston.

I am also planning a military collection drive at my church for the month July. I'm still working on the details for this, and July is just around the corner!

So, that is a quick update in what is happening with me. I hope our troops are staying safe, and I'm saying extra prayers for all of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home