Transforming Perceptions

These past few years have brought a whirlwind of emotions between becoming employed, moving half-way across the country, and finally having the ability to focus on myself, my weight loss, and my faith. This blog is a reflection of all of these items and how they interact with each other.

Saturday, June 04, 2005

I'm Not Perfect

It has taken me 25 years to realize that I am not perfect. I had always felt that I needed to be perfect - the perfect daughter, the perfect granddaughter, the perfect niece, the perfect friend, the perfect employee, you get my drift. I had always assumed that is what people expected of me - to be perfect. I had to get straight A's, I had to get that scholarship, I had to do all this stuff to make everyone appreciate me. I was a people-pleaser and this had caused me so much stress in my life. In reality, this was all in my head; people did not expect me to be perfect, I expected myself to be perfect.

I have never been perfect, and I will never be perfect. I actually enjoy saying this: I AM NOT PERFECT. It feels as if I am taking the burden of the world off of my shoulders and handing it off to somebody else. Now that I no longer have these unreasonable expectations of myself, I can finally be...perfectly me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home