Transforming Perceptions

These past few years have brought a whirlwind of emotions between becoming employed, moving half-way across the country, and finally having the ability to focus on myself, my weight loss, and my faith. This blog is a reflection of all of these items and how they interact with each other.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

I'm a Patriot

Patriotism. Patriots. What exactly is a patriot? By Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary, it is defined as "one who loves his or her country and supports its authority and interests." I never thought of myself as a patriot until a wondeful man, a soldier, pointed it out to me. I guess by definition, I am; I am a patriot. Our true patriots, though, are our soldiers, marines, guardsman, sailors, airmen, etc. They love our country enough to go to war for it. They support their commanders, but more importantly they defend our freedom and our way of living.

I have always told my soldiers that I support the military because it is my duty as an American to do everything I possibly can to make sure that they come home safely to their loved ones. It is our duty as Americans to make sure they know and feel unconditional love from our country - no matter how we feel about the war itself. Whatever is the case, they need to know that Home supports them.

If I can touch one soldier's life, make one soldier smile - I have done what every American should be doing. It seems as if Americans have forgotten what it means to support one another unconditionally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home