Transforming Perceptions

These past few years have brought a whirlwind of emotions between becoming employed, moving half-way across the country, and finally having the ability to focus on myself, my weight loss, and my faith. This blog is a reflection of all of these items and how they interact with each other.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Just An Update

Things have been positively CRAZY!!!!

My friend had her baby on September 8th, so I'm trying to step up with Compassion Team and do all that she was doing, which has been more than I expected, that's for sure! Here's the 411...

This Saturday is our Riverview Golf Outing, which will help raise money for our Compassion Ministry. If you're interested, it's $75 a person, teams of 4, shotgun start, scramble. I've been busy with a few other team members gathering prizes for the tournament, and we're tidying everything up these past few days.

Also this weekend, our church is having a Connexxxtions weekend where all the ministries are going to have tables to discuss how people can get involved. We're trying to throw our table together and get people to be at the table, especially for those of us running the golf tournament.

I have decided to start another small group (bible study) and haven't decided exactly what I want to lead...that will be upcoming.

I finally mailed the military drive stuff out...all 225.5 lbs of items, 9 packages, 8 different units serving in Iraq or Kuwait.

I am heading up a Lansing Area AIDS Network food drive with the Compassion Team at church for the month of October, and Matt may be working on getting a team of volunteers to help with their walk on October 2nd in East Lansing.

I am also working on my Halloween packages for my troops. I love you guys!!!! I'm sorry I haven't written in a little while, I'm going to have to catch up!

I'm thinking about volunteering in the Kid's Ministry again...but don't want to do too much since I just started being on the Welcome Team. Hmmmm...guess I'll pray about that.

I hope to go apple picking this Sunday.

Next Sunday we're setting up a baby shower for another friend.

Oh! And I overslept this morning...set my alarm clock wrong...whoops. Luckily I wasn't *that* late for work.

I am sure that I forgetting a ton of things, but if I think of them later, I'll let you know! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home