Transforming Perceptions

These past few years have brought a whirlwind of emotions between becoming employed, moving half-way across the country, and finally having the ability to focus on myself, my weight loss, and my faith. This blog is a reflection of all of these items and how they interact with each other.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Serving Others

Maybe I'm just ultra sensitive, and granted everyone has a bad day, but how bad can your day really be to be *that* nasty??? It was around 4pm, and I was heading to the bathroom, but noticed that the janitor was cleaning it, no biggie, there's another one upstairs, another one downstairs, and another one at the other end of the hallway. So I opted to turn around and use the one at the end of the hallway. As I did, this woman started going off at the janitor, "Why are you cleaning the bathrooms in the middle of the day? Who is your superviosr? WHO IS YOUR SUPERVISOR????"...blah blah blah. This janitor is one of the nicest janitors we have and he works really hard compared to a few other ones that I've seen. Nobody has the right to treat ANY human that way! No matter how superior you feel to anybody else! As God has taught me, learn how to serve those who serve you. That's what I do. I serve those who serve me - I try to help out deployed men and women, and any other man or woman in a service position helping the world around us. And even those other positions that many people do not appreciate, the maids, the janitors, the cleaners...where would you be in this world without them? Everyone has value and needs to be appreciated.

So how do I appreciate and serve somebody who is *nasty* and mean? I guess I'll have to look to God for that answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home