Transforming Perceptions

These past few years have brought a whirlwind of emotions between becoming employed, moving half-way across the country, and finally having the ability to focus on myself, my weight loss, and my faith. This blog is a reflection of all of these items and how they interact with each other.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Chief Justice Rehnquist Passes Away

Let me first say that I do have a lot of thoughts about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, but at the moment I am currenting *acting* on my feelings and not just *talking*. It frustrates me when people can talk the talk, but never walk the walk when it's needed. It's fine time people shut up and do something. And that's what I'm doing.

But for now, I have decided to post briefly on the death of Chief Justice Rehnquist. He was a good man, and had many values, but I did not agree with many, if any, of his rulings. This, in part, is because I am not nearly as conservative as he was, and it's been a difference in beliefs and priorities. I will not go into this because he needs to be respected for his accomplishments; he was battling cancer and still doing his civic duty as a Chief Justice. He spent 33 years on the Supreme Court, that is an accomplishment many people do not see often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home