Transforming Perceptions

These past few years have brought a whirlwind of emotions between becoming employed, moving half-way across the country, and finally having the ability to focus on myself, my weight loss, and my faith. This blog is a reflection of all of these items and how they interact with each other.

Monday, July 11, 2005

You don't know me...

...and don't think that you ever will. I'm tired of being judged whether it's good or bad judgement that is being passed. Why can't people just accept you for who you are and what you are doing in your life. In a split second people think they have you figured out. You don't know me. You may never know me. I don't want you to know me if this is the case. I don't judge people until I get to know them, please do me a favor and do the same. If I judged people, as people are judging me, all my close friends would not exist. I miss my close friends. I miss my family. It feels like those are the only people I can trust.

That person over there is nice to me because she thinks I'm cute. That one over there won't give me a chance because he doesn't think I'm pretty enough. That guy over there secretly hates my guts because he thinks I'm an arrogant snob, even though he had never attempted to talk to me. You don't think I notice these things? I do. And there's nothing I can do about it. I am what I am. I am who I am. Apparently that just isn't good enough.

Everything may look fine on the outside, but sometimes on the inside I am screaming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home