Transforming Perceptions

These past few years have brought a whirlwind of emotions between becoming employed, moving half-way across the country, and finally having the ability to focus on myself, my weight loss, and my faith. This blog is a reflection of all of these items and how they interact with each other.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Flashback to 3rd - 5th Grade

In elementary school, we used to have soccer tournaments for each grade. Each class would have a team, and the classrooms would compete against one another to get first prize. Our P.E. teachers chose the teams; therefore I never understood why I was always chosen to be on the team. I hated gym class, I was one of the slowest runners, and I was never really particularly great at any of the sports. I was always chosen nearly last when teams were chosen, unless a friend was choosing the teams. None-the-less, for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade, I was chosen to be on my classroom’s soccer team. When I was chosen again in 4th grade, I approached my P.E. instructor and asked, “Ms. XXXX, I know I am not the best player, and I am not the fasted player, why do you choose me to be on the team?” I remember she smiled when I asked this, and she replied, “Because you are a team player.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home