Transforming Perceptions

These past few years have brought a whirlwind of emotions between becoming employed, moving half-way across the country, and finally having the ability to focus on myself, my weight loss, and my faith. This blog is a reflection of all of these items and how they interact with each other.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Are People Really That Shallow?

On Friday, I headed into Boston to meet up with my sophomore roommate from college. I took the T in, and obviously the England bombings entered my mind for a few brief moments. I had not seen Laurie since graduation over 3 years ago, we would send each other cards every now and then, but it was so good to talk with her. We went shopping around Quincy Market and just "caught up" with one another. We ended up having lunch at Cheers. :) I can officially now say I've been there. On my way back to my car, something interesting did occur, but could have been nothing. A security guy was patrolling the subway car, and this guy who was sitting near where I was standing, ran out of the subway car at the next stop. The security guy followed him. Hmmmm...interesting. This was also the same day the bomb squad blew up a suspicious package in Cambridge...a stop or two east of where I originally caught the T.

My best friend's mom makes the best dumplings ever! So when they got home from the gym, that's what I got for dinner. Yum! After that, my best friend and I chatted and we got ready to go out into Boston. We met up with another college friend - Amiela. She rocks. We went to THE RACK in Boston, definitely an older crowd, but had a blast. We were taking a break from dancing, and a guy came over to talk to us (gutsy move). He struck up a conversation with me, and after he left, my best friend turns to me, "Wow Michelle, you just made his night." I looked at her and asked, "Why do you say that?" She said, "You're probably the only girl that will probably talk to him tonight." I know my friends would have talked to him, but he clearly was interested in getting to know me. Afterwards, this had me thinking though, would have other girls ignored him? Would people still be that shallow? I'm not going to lie, I've been there, done that, I used to be that shallow, but as I have grown up, I have enjoyed learning what I want in a guy that I date, and the foremost important quality a guy has to have is humor, and the second is that he challenges me to be a better person.

After we left the bar/club, we were walking down the street to catch a cab, and we passed a group of guys on motorcycles. I LOVE motorcycles and would love to ride one some day. They were joking around with Amiela about her parachute pants, and as we kept walking, one yelled out, "Hey you in the blue skirt, you wanna go for a ride?" I turned around and said, "If it was any other night, that would be a yes!" If I was wearing pants, that could have lead to a different answer, but it was also 1:30am and I am quite sure they had a few drinks. If it was earlier, that may have lead to a different answer as well. :) Some day I'll ride a motorcycle. LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home